Monday, January 17, 2005

9:46 AM


Sent Cam to the medical library. I'm leaning back in my desk chair, staring at the ceiling, bouncing my super ball against the floor. bounce. bounce. bounce. I forget what room my office is above, but if they don't like it they can tell Cuddy they need soundproofing.

I'm distracted, and I don't even know why. Think, think, think!

Yesterday I got sick of looking at the four walls, so I went out and ran a few errands. I wasn't ready to go home yet, so I stopped by the bookstore, poked around, picked up a couple of books and CDs and a magazine, and went over to the coffee shop to read for a bit. (Okay, and I had a cookie, too. Satisfied?)

So I'm flipping through the new issue of Cigar Aficionado, and someone's walking behind me on their way to the counter, and suddenly I'm hit with this sense of... well, I don't know. It's like my memory is trying to retrieve something and it doesn't even know what it is it's looking for.

I looked over at the counter. It was just a couple, nobody I recognized. They didn't even look like anyone I knew. The woman ordered something involving whipped cream, white chocolate, and caramel, the guy ordered something a little less elaborate, and they sat down.

It's been gnawing at me ever since. What am I trying to think of, to remember? And what set this off?

Bounce. I catch the ball and straighten up in the chair. I'll think about this later. You can smell the snow in the air. I don't have clinic this afternoon (and Cuddy couldn't even make me go, it's closed) so I think I'll get out of here early before the roads get bad.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm... hope you'll figure out what you're trying to remember.

Which books did you get at the bookstore?

January 18, 2005 6:33 PM  
Blogger Auditrix said...

The Wild Swans at Coole and Chicken Soup for the Misanthrope's Soul

January 18, 2005 8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home